The developer and manager of the recently expanded Indooroopilly Shopping Centre has submitted a development application for two new subtropical designed towers (20 & 9 storeys) known as Keating Park Residential.
The proposal consists a total of 124 one, two and three bedroom apartments as well as a hidden carpark egress ramp which links directly into the Indooroopilly Shopping Centre carpark.
- 1 bedroom – 39 (31%)
- 2 bedroom – 74 (60%)
- 3 bedroom – 11 (9%)
- Total – 124
The project includes a rooftop pool and bbq deck area on level 10 as well as one 45 sqm ground floor retail tenancy.
According to the DA, the design aims to:
- Bring the park into the building
- Integrate into the Indooroopilly neighbourhood centre
- Hide the vehicular ramp
- All apartments to face the street
- Respond to topography
- Design for shade and privacy
- Keep the air moving and keep the air cool
- Select palpably cool surfaces and materials
The Keating Park Residential project will comply with a number of regulations and mandatory government policies regarding environmentally sustainable design (ESD), including:
- BCA Section J (Energy Efficiency)
- Queensland Development Code,
- WELS rated water efficient appliances
In addition to various mandatory conditions, the development seeks to enhance the environmental performance of the building and the sustainability of the site, through consideration of sustainability themes in wellness, efficiency and resilience.
Further consultation will be sort for the potential of achieving an ESD certification. Opportunities for enhancing environmental performance have been considered in the following areas:
- Building Orientation and Facade Treatment
- Selection of Materials
- Glazing Performance
- Daylighting and Glare Minimisation
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Efficient Services Design
- Bicycle Parking
The DA number for this proposed development is A004385438.