The owner of the current Eldorado 8 cinema complex across from Indooroopilly Station is proposing to build a new mixed use development which includes two residential towers up to 21 storeys, cinema expansion, new bowling alley, sky bar, ground level retail and open air cinema.
The redevelopment proposes the expansion and improvement of the Eldorado Cinema experience at its heart, with an aim to make the Eldorado Cinema the premier entertainment facility for the inner western suburbs.
The proposed development will contain:
- 8 level basement car park accommodating 803 car parking spaces;
- A 3 level podium comprising:
- Expanded cinemas with access at ground level from a foyer oriented towards Station Road incorporating an open air cinema as well as double level cinemas accommodating up to 1,710 people in total
- Two individual apartment foyers for each residential tower with the south tower addressing Coonan Street and the north tower addressing both Coonan Street and Station Road
- Retail shopfronts addressing Station Road and wrapping around the corner to also address Coonan Street
- First floor entertainment offerings such as bowling alley, bar area, amusement arcade and candy bar
- An open air cinema on the roof of the podium between the two towers.
- Two residential towers comprising:
- South Tower (Stage 1)
- 16 storeys
- 78 permanent residential units.
- South Tower (Stage 1)
- North Tower (Stage 2)
- 21 storeys
- 255 permanent residential units
- 70 self-serviced short term accommodation units
- A sky bar on the 21st level
Architectural plan of star bar
Architectural plan of open air cinema
Architectural plan of cinema and bowling alley
The proposed South Tower will be constructed as part of Stage 1 and will contain a total of 78 residential units.
Unit Type South Tower
- Serviced Apartments – 0
- Studio Units – 0
- One Bedroom Units – 26
- Two Bedroom Units – 52
- Total Units – 78
The second stage (North Tower) of the proposed Centre Activity development will incorporate a total of 325 residential units with the following unit mix.
Unit Type North Tower
- Serviced Apartments – 70
- Studio Units – 15
- One Bedroom Units – 105
- Two Bedroom Units – 135
- Total Units – 325
The proposed development provides additional shopfronts as well as residential foyers, oriented towards Station Road and Coonan Street, whilst also providing improved pedestrian movement areas on both frontages.
It is anticipated that the streetscape improvements to the south-east end of Station Road combined with the creation of an entertainment destination to complement Westfield Indooroopilly will act to revitalise the area, encouraging people to utilise existing services in the locality and improving patronage to surrounding commercial and retail developments, including the Indooroopilly Hotel on the opposite side of Station Road.
The proposed development will also act to provide an activated and safe pedestrian connection between the Indooroopilly Train Station and the Indooroopilly Shopping Centre and significantly improve casual surveillance opportunities in the wider locality. DA number (A003770098)