An updated development application has been submitted by Contal Properties for a hotel tower development located at 44 Roma Street, Brisbane City.
Designed by CPO architects, the revised application reduces the height of the tower from 26 to 12 storeys and proposes to be a ‘high-end hotel’ featuring 60 hotel room suites.
On the ground floor, a drop off zone is proposed along Turbot Street as well as lobby lounge with coffee cart and reception area.
The podium level would consist of a hotel restaurant and bar and lounge with levels 2-11 consisting of short term accommodation suites with six rooms per level.
Unlike the previous proposal, the newly updated application now includes a fully activated rooftop deck with 25m lap pool, outdoor spa, sunbeds and BBQ area.
- Site Area: 397m2
- GFA: 3,207.3m2
- Height: 12 storeys / 50.7m
- Rooms: x60 short term accommodation hotel suites
- Elevators: x2
- Retail: A lobby floor coffee cart and podium level hotel restaurant and bar
- Communal Space: Rooftop recreation deck with 25m lap pool, outdoor spa, sunbeds and BBQ area
- Car Parking: No car parking
- Bike Parking: No bike parking
- Developer: Contal Properties
- Architect: CPO architects
- Landscape Design: ASdesign
- Town Planner: Urbicus
- Sustainability: Deep planting throughout, high performance glazing, water efficient fittings
- Date Submitted: 08/06/2023
The previous impact assessable application for the 26 storey hotel tower was withdrawn and it is not yet known what hotel brand would move into the new proposal.
Recently the Brisbane City Council has proposed a redevelopment of an unused space underneath the Turbot Street overpass into a new basketball and handball court which is situated directly opposite this subject development.
According to the DA, this provides an opportunity to take advantage of the location and the proposed use of the Turbot Street underpass and suggests a simple extension of the proposed ‘Pedestrian Friendly’ shared zone feature paving that could integrate into the subject development.
Tell us what you think about this development below in the comment box. The development application for this project, available to view on Brisbane City Council’s Planning & Development Online is A006291401.
Receive the latest development news to your inbox by subscribing to BrisbaneDevelopment.com here.