A development application has been submitted for a ten storey commercial tower located at 34 Mt Gravatt – Capalaba Rd, Mt Gravatt.
The development has been proposed by CEL Group, a multi-disciplinary consultancy who reside out of the existing single-story building on site. The company has proposed it’s own new commercial tower in order to house CEL’s forecast company growth. Preliminary lease precommitments have also been obtained for the interim surplus office lease areas.
Designed by Ellivo Architects, the 1,687sqm site is located to the south of the ‘Brisbane CBD to Upper Mt Gravatt Growth Corridor’.
The proposal comprises two retail tenancies on ground level as well as rooftop amenities including dining space, gym equipment, bbq facilities, sun lounge and a small size basketball court.
- Advertisement -
- Proposed change of use to Centre activities – Office and Childcare centre, Food and drink outlet, Healthcare service, Indoor sport and recreation and/or Shop
- Office: 5,839sqm + 216sqm indoor recreation space and 84sqm end of trip facilities
- Building height of 10 storeys
- Site cover of 1,396sqm (86.28% of proposed site area (after road resumption)
- 103 employee car parks with 7 visitor parks (110 total)
- 30 employee bike parks with 12 visitor parks (42 total)
According to the DA, while the site is not identified as a ‘Landmark site’ under the neighbourhood plan, the site is on a prominent corner within the Upper Mount Gravatt precinct, meaning a high-quality and meritorious built form is encouraged to continue to advance Upper Mount Gravatt’s place as a Major Centre.
The development application number for this project is A005059709.