A development application has been submitted by 11 Ludlow Pty Ltd to build a new mixed-use development located at 2 Oxford Street, Bulimba, adjacent to the Bulimba Ferry Terminal.
The development usage is predominantly split between retail and hotel use and incorporates a new 135 sqm public park and boardwalk which extends the public realm onto the waterfront.
The development has been designed to target specifically the intent of the Brisbane City Council’s River’s Edge Strategy 2013 and aims to support the use of as a river tourism destination.
- 21 basement car parking spaces
- Two ground level retail tenancies (420 sqm and 100 sqm) as well as a 105 sqm riverfront terrace
- A 540 sqm retail tenancy which includes a riverfront 175 sqm terrace balcony
- A boutique hotel comprising of 12 hotel rooms and a 100 sqm terrace balcony
- A full floor rooftop recreation deck comprising of pool and lounge terrace areas
- A jetty with potential marina
Designed by Damilvi Architecture, the design intent of the development seeks to embrace the uniqueness of the site by ‘hero-ing’ the river and the built form’s engagement with it.
At the entrance of the development, it is planned that pedestrians will be drawn to the ‘River Park’ with the parkland acting as a centrepiece to the whole development.
The development application number for this project is A004819422.