Aria Property Group have submitted a new DA for a 12 storey residential tower located at 232 Wellington Road, Kangaroo Point.
The development has been designed by Rothelowman Architects and comprises of 125 apartments in the following configuration:
- 22 x 1 bedroom
- 11 x 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- 92 x 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom
The new DA is an update to a previously approved 10 storey development by Aria.
Aria have several other active and pipeline projects in the Brisbane market.
- 171 Edward Street, Brisbane CBD
- St Julian Residences, South Brisbane
- The Melbourne Residences, South Brisbane
- Oxley and Stirling, South Brisbane
- Lexington, Woolloongabba
- Ivy Terrace, Woolloongabba
- Eden Lane, Woolloongabba
- The Drapery, Woolloongabba
- Akira, Woolloongabba
According to the development application, the 232 Wellington Road project seeks to deliver desired objectives of inner-suburban apartment living as follows:
- The completed project will leave a compelling and long lasting legacy for the area setting a benchmark for architectural quality and urban design outcomes;
- The development will acknowledge the desired character for Kangaroo Point and the need to provide quality higher density living options within close proximity of major urban centres.
- The project will offer an architectural vision that can be appreciated from the immediate context and surrounding suburbs.
- The site aims to provide strong linkages with existing and planned infrastructure, parklands and amenities.
- The proposal will enhance and activate the street frontages and pedestrian linkages to create a pedestrian friendly residential address.
- The proposal will improve the shared green amenity to the street by enhancing the existing vegetation through the introduction of terraced planting, additional mature trees and a highly landscaped ground plane.
RPS have undertaken landscape design works on the project which feature a rooftop pool, kitchen and bar, bbq area as well as gardens and vegetation.
The DA number of this development is A004401787.