Mary 111 Pty Ltd, a company owned by Brisbane businessman Sam Chong has submitted a new DA for a 38 storey five star hotel and apartment tower located at 111 Mary Street.
The tower, which has been designed by Woods Bagot consists of 4 podium levels, 13 levels of hotel rooms and 20 levels of apartments.
Rising 135m AHD high, the tower has total of 286 hotel rooms, comprising 20 rooms and 2 suites per hotel floor.
A total of 167 apartments are also proposed, which is made up to 36 one bedroom apartments, 95 two bedroom apartments and 38 three bedroom apartments.
- Advertisement -
The hotel podium levels accommodate a large pool deck with swim up bar, gym, day spa, function venue, restaurant and bar, business and executive lounges as well as ground floor retail and restaurant space.
The apartments are serviced by a rooftop resident’s recreation deck on level 38 which accommodates a pool, gym, BBQ and function area.
According to Woods Bagot, the below is an outline summary of design development and improvements:
- Mary street retail frontage has been improved by bringing the shopfront out to the footpath to assist the quality & activation of the overall streetscape
- The hotel reception and arrival is designed to be an extension of the public realm, as a non-traditional urban arrival place that is also activated by a significant retail, food and beverage outlet offering
- Vehicular arrival has been removed off the Mary street frontage of the site and redesigned over 2 levels to minimise the visual impact on the street and to minimise the impact of traffic directly on the public realm
- The quality and quantity of retail space has been enhanced significantly providing active and meaningful frontage onto Mary Street to ensure that the tenancies have a visibility and an address and the footpath and streetscape of Mary Street is enhanced
- The public realm has been extended up into the upper podium levels to create a vibrant and active set of destinations within the overall podium zone thereby creating a unique set of spaces in the city heart
- The tower form has been redesigned completely to create a predominantly vertical articulated tower expression overlain with a horizontal articulation. The strong intent is a building that fully engages with the city at the street level as well as contributing significantly to the urban context. A building form that recognises the texture and grain of the street and breaks the overall scale of the tower frontage down into individual components.
The development has been designed with two porte-cochere driveways. One ground level porte-cochere as well as a basement porte-cochere lobby to maximise street activation on ground level.
Hotel Pool Deck
Residential Pool Deck
It is not yet known what hotel operator will run the five star hotel component of the building.
- Advertisement -
The DA number for this development is A004136986.